Friday, October 7, 2011

Terra Nova - New York Daily News: Stephen Lang Interview

Source: New York Daily News [follow link for complete interview]

Terra Nova 4

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS: Stephen Lang loves playing man of action in sci-fi thrillers like 'Terra Nova,' 'Avatar'

BY Ethan Sacks
Friday, October 7th 2011


"Terra Nova" star Stephen Lang may look like he was torn out of a military recruiting manual, but there are days on the Fox sci-fi show's set that he feels like a little boy again.

Filming a recent scene in which he got to launch flaming arrows into the night sky inside the woods of Australia's Gold Coast - where the show films - took him back to his childhood coming of age in the movie palaces of New York City.

"I always wanted to be an actor ever since I can remember," Lang says. "My memories are of seeing Errol Flynn as Robin Hood and ['50s TV show] 'Sergeant Preston of the Yukon.' All these wonderful adventures in movies and on television, people living in these worlds of adventures, riding horses and shooting flaming arrows. And I thought, 'Wow, that's good, I want to do that.'

"I think I had a pretty rich imagination - and here I am doing that..."

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment