Monday, August 26, 2013

Hell on Wheels - TV Guide: Ask Matt: Aug 26 '13

Source: TV Guide [follow link for complete column]

hell on wheels season 3 sat photo hell_on_wheels_season3_sat_zpsf81e92c0.jpg

TV GUIDE: Ask Matt: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Face Off, The Middle, Suits, True Blood

Aug 26, 2013
by Matt Roush

Send questions and comments to askmatt@tvguidemagazine.com and follow on Twitter!

... Question: Where's the love for Hell on Wheels? It's one of my favorites and I especially enjoy the gritty "realness" of that time period in the costumes, makeup and scenery. I've also been very impressed with the photography and lighting, and then there's Anson Mount in all his shaggy, unkempt glory! He's worth tuning in for even if you don't like anything else about the show! Your opinion? — Katie


Matt Roush: It's not enough. I gave this one two seasons, but much like BBC America's period piece Copper, while I find the era and the production details intriguing, the writing and acting are generally so sub-par, heavy-handed, pretentious and predictable that it doesn't compel me to keep watching. Being a fan of the underrepresented Western genre, I'm also not going out of my way to beat up on it. But you did ask...


Hell on Wheels season three airs on Saturday at 9/8C on AMC TV. CLICK HERE TO VIEW A VIDEO SNEAK PEEK OF 'SEARCHERS,' AIRING AUGUST 31, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment